Sunday, April 25, 2010

timely reminders

i was on the mrt home today; thinking about how crazy the past 6 semesters in school have been and i was suddenly reminded of the conversation i had with Toshi yeseterday before our exam:

toshi: i got a B- for one soci mod last sem
esther: sigh.. i've gotten countless number of Cs for econs, i haven't gotten past a B :(
toshi: how's your cap?
esther: _.__
toshi: whoar, that means your soci is damn power.
esther: why?
toshi: to get many Cs and still be able to sustain that kind of cap means you must do very well for soci. can you imagine what kind of grades you'd be getting without econs?!

i can't remember my exact response to toshi's last statement, but i did remember the conversation till this point, and the Holy Spirit prompted my heart (despite the fact that i was listening to Lady Gaga beep-popping on my ipod, the crowd around me on the train and the instability of the train journey) that it may be me who has worked my butt off for my results and perhaps i do have a knack for sociology, but it is ultimately He who grants me success. All glory to God for the favour in the things i set my hands and heart on.


When I survey the wondrous cross
on which the Prince of Glory died;
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
save in the death of Christ, my God;
all the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to his blood.

See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down.
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown.

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were an offering far too small;
love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all.

1 Comments:

Blogger toshi said...

aahahahahahahaha...

that's the spirit! :)

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home